Friday 5 November 2010

Le Crimp --Austin Givens

I was sitting down on a plaid couch trying to find something interesting to do on a plaid couch. I had media running on the television via Netflix. The machine was telling me interesting things that I would certainly be interested in. One of them was an origami documentary and I thought to myself "interesting."




I recommend the film to everyone! Our entire world is an origami canvass. The cosmos are a single sheet, just like our souls.CHECK IT OUT HERE!!




Anyways....I got inspired the most by these French origami artists who call themselves "Le Crimp." Their work is deconstructive, yet so God-like. Just beautiful. I studied their work a lot and tried to join their art movement with a poem which I will share after a few shots of their origami.






This one is by Alain Giacomini






A giraffe by Victor Coeurjoly



Vincent Floderer




To me, their work represents platonic hope. Segmented beauty. Something that hits puberty in compartments of light. It feels as if this is the soul of things as they consume life. Nothing robotic or mechanical exists in this work. I tried to squeeze this into the first oragami poem, which I modeled as a "Crimp" poem. Here it is:




Le Crimp.doc


Le Crimp!






I fold my soul rapidly,


through America--


never been out west though,


my soul is east and eats jewish pastrami and


jewish beards.